MARK HILL - writer guy

MARK HILL - writer guy

Slow cooker fish soup

This fish soup is tasty and easy to make. But you do need my magic ingredient.

Dump a bunch of chunky chopped potato into the slow cooker. These are a bit too chunky, a little stew-sized. Next time, I think I'll cube them. Add some pepper (fresh hot pepper is best; thanks to Mom for this habanero) and any other herbs and spices you like.



Add the magic ingredient, my home-made fish stock. This is what makes it. Store-bought stock just doesn't do the job. But this stuff gives your soup the real fishy flavour you want. Also add some tinned chopped tomatoes.



Cook for a few hours until the potatoes are pretty much done. Add in some veg. I used frozen corn and some chopped bell peppers, but you can use pretty much anything you fancy. Toss in chunks of fish. I used some frozen whitefish bought cheaply from the Kowloon Market. This is a good time to taste and adjust your seasoning. Turn cooker to low and cook for no more than an hour.



And there you have it. Simple as!