MARK HILL - writer guy

MARK HILL - writer guy

Chapters / Indigo

Why can't I get a job interview at Chapters / Indigo books?

There is a Chapters within walking distance of my place. There is an Indigo a short bus ride away.

But I can't even get an interview.

I have applied through their bizarrely complex online application system. I have personally delivered letters to store managers. I have spoken to a hiring manager.

In all cases, they don't even look at me. They all just say "go online and fill out an application".

And I try, but their website is rubbish.

But I would be a great Chapters / Indigo  staffer.

When I was a child, when the other kids were getting toys at Christmas, we got books in our stocking.

When other parents treated their kids to sweets, my parents gave me a 2-dollar bill to spend at the second-hand bookshop. You could get 3 books for 2 bucks and I would shop carefully.

I've written four books, not published but pretty close. Got me an agent in NYC and London.

But, for some reason, I can't even get a job interview at Chapters / Indigo.

I don't understand it.