MARK HILL - writer guy

MARK HILL - writer guy

Vegetarian

I'm starting to go semi-vegetarian.

I've got some meat in the freezer and I'm going to eat it because it's already been slaughtered and paid for and I don't want to waste it.

And if someone invites me over for supper and it's meat-based, I'll eat it. And I'm not going to worry if I buy a few stock cubes for soup that have a bit of animal fat in them.

I'm not going to be obsessive.

But in my own life, I'm going to stop buying meat. I'll buy fish because I can't imagine a world without fish and seafood.

But, from now on, I'll buy loads of vegetables and fish, but no meat or poultry.

It's a compromise. It doesn't qualify me to declare myself as "vegetarian" or "vegan" and I don't care.

I don't care about labels.

But I think that animal fat causes illness and is cruel to the cow or the chicken or pig (even when they have a nice life, they're killed by us for for food). As well, unlike plant-based food which tends to keep you healthy, animal-based food generates all sorts of illness.

So, without being pedantic about it, I will remove myself from that.